Using various corrosion protection techniques, Cor-Pro Systems is the leading provider of Xylan coatings in Houston, Texas.
From bolts to large and heavy machinery, corrosion can wreck equipment and endanger lives.
In 2013, corrosion was considered as one of the biggest unseen costs in US Society according to the National Association of Corrosion Engineers.
The NACE study further accounted the extrapolated corrosion costs at 6.1% of the U.S. GDP, or $1 trillion.
With the corrosion costs funneling out millions of dollars out of industries, investing in top-of-the-line prevention methods like Xylan coatings will ultimately save businesses.
Cor-Pro Systems Inc provide the best Xylan coating services in Houston, Texas and nearby Gulf Coast areas.
Cor-Pro Systems provides Xylan coating services in Houston as part of its top-of-the-line custom corrosion protection solutions.
Xylan Coatings Defined
Xylan is the umbrella trademark of the Whitford Corporation fluoropolymer coatings line.
Xylan coatings are considered as an extra-performance coating. It is made of made of low-friction, wear-resistant composites of fluoropolymers and reinforcing binder resins.
While commonly used for non-stick applications such as cookware, Xylan coatings is also extensively used as corrosion protection in the automotive, gas, and oil industries.
Benefits Of Xylan Coatings
As a protective dry-film lubricant, Xylan coatings also provide a multitude of benefits that make it the ideal medium against corrosion.
- Excellent chemical and high temperature resistance
- Reduces friction and prevents scoring and galling
- Buildable or “recoatable” coating for protecting parts and components from chemical exposure
- Protects from environmental corrosion such as road salt and acid rain.
- Exhibits high degree of flexibility and elongation without breaking
- Excellent adhesion to all kinds of material such as metals, plastics, ceramics, and woods
- Withstands extreme pressures
Xylan Coatings Properties
- Tensile Strength (ASTM D1708): 4000 – 5000 psi
- Elongation (ASTM D1457): 50%
- Impact Strength (ASTM D256)>: 13 ft – lb/in
- Hardness (ASTM D2240): 60 – 90 HB (shore D)
- Abrasion Resistance (Tabor): > 15 mg
- Coefficient of Friction (ASTM D1894): .15 – .35 static
- Dielectric Strength (ASTM D149): 1400 volts per mil
- Use Temperature: -100°F to 500°F max
- Chemical Resistance (ASTM D543): good
- Salt Spray Resistance (ASTM B117): excellent
- Water Absorption (ASTM D570): < .03 %
- Thickness: .0008″ – .002″
About Cor-Pro Systems
Cor-Pro is the leading provider of Xylan coating services in Houston, Texas. Cor-Pro can devise custom coating services for companies that make use of critical equipment in their day-to-day operations.
Cor-Pro holds industry certifications including OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management System and 18001:2007 and ISO 9001:2008 accreditations from Verisys Registrars.
If you have questions about our Xylan coating services in Houston or want to get a custom quote for your particular corrosion protection need, contact us at 713-896-1091, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.