Cor-Pro Systems Inc. is the leading company in providing fast and high quality corrosion protection in Houston, TX and other areas in the Gulf Coast.
Corrosion is a natural wear-and-tear process that affects all metals. While corrosion is a natural occurrence, there are ways to mitigate corrosion and extend the life of equipments.
However, not all corrosion prevention services are equal. To achieve maximum corrosion protection, each project must have its own corrosion management program specifically tailored for it. Done correctly, corrosion prevention can extend the life of your equipment by up to 250%.
Read more to learn about Cor-Pro’s guide on how to prevent corrosion.
Understanding Corrosion Prevention
Corrosion is the deterioration of metals due to chemical reaction with the environment. Corrosion occurs due to the oxidation of metals because of exposure to catalysts such as air and water. When metals react to corrosive catalysts, corrosion occurs and they slowly destroy the metals until total degradation.
There are different forms of corrosive attacks that can occur to metals. Each type of corrosion depends on the level of exposure of the metal to the catalyst as well as the type of metal subject to corrosion.
Rusting is the most common form of corrosion, with the level of degradation uniform on all sections of the equipment. Other types of corrosion include galvanic corrosion, crevice corrosion, pitting, intergranular corrosion, selective leaching, erosion, and stress corrosion.
Corrosion is a natural process, but proper corrosion management can slow it down with the help of experts in the industry. Proper corrosion protection methods require state-of-the-art facilities, extensive knowledge in corrosion management and prevention, and trained personnel ready to work on any form of corrosive attack.
Leading the anti-corrosion industry in the Gulf Coast for almost 30 years, Cor-Pro Systems will only provide nothing but the best corrosion protection services to our clients.
Types Of Corrosion Prevention Methods
There are different ways on how to prevent corrosion on metals. These methods vary depending on different variables such as type of metal, environment, type of corrosion agent, and others to ensure effective corrosion prevention that can last for a long time.
Among the most common forms of corrosion protection methods are:
- Corrosion inhibitors. Corrosion inhibitors are chemicals added to equipment to form a thin layer of protection against corrosion catalysts. These additives are added even when the machine to be protected is operating. While inhibitors mix with the liquid during application, the latter does not affect the quality of the additives. Liquid storage facilities are among the common clients who get corrosion inhibitors.
- Coatings. Coating is the easiest way to protect your equipment. Coating materials such as epoxy, urethane, and zinc can add an extra layer of defense to your facilities with proper application and curing. Coatings depend on the material to be protected and the type of chemical compound to be used.
- Abrasive blasting.Abrasive blasting uses a high-velocity machine that propels medium to a surface of a material. With this, you can control the damage brought by corrosion and prepare it for anti-corrosion materials application. Usually, abrasive blasting occurs right before other anti-corrosion materials are applied to the surface of the equipment.
Benefits Of Steel Corrosion Protection
Cor-Pro Systems provides quality steel corrosion protection in Houston, TX and other areas in the Gulf Coast. The following are the advantages of getting high quality steel corrosion protection through Cor-Pro Systems:
- Quality corrosion protection can extend the lifespan of your equipment by up to 250%.
- Corrosion protection can reduce the costs of repairs due to corrosive damage.
- Protected equipment can avoid service interruptions and operation malfunctions.
- Corrosion protection can save lives from injuries brought by weathered equipment and facilities.
- By averting injuries and damages from corroded equipment, companies can avoid legal and environmental liabilities.
With years of experience of handling some of the toughest corrosion management practices from a wide range of clients, Cor-Pro Systems will deliver specialized steel corrosion management services that are specially formulated depending on the client’s needs.
Velocity: Part Of Cor-Pro’s Commitment To The “Cor-Pro Gold Standard”
Cor-Pro Systems’ unparalleled zero corrosion protection failures and on-track delivery record, we can assure you that you will receive nothing but the “Cor-Pro Gold Standard”, the highest certification in the corrosion protection industry.
With our Velocity Service, you will receive your finished corrosion protection projects in hours, not days. Furthermore, our highly trained staff will make sure that you are in the loop with our projects as they happen.
About Cor-Pro Systems
Since 1987, Cor-Pro Systems Inc. provides top-notch corrosion protection in Houston and other areas in Gulf Coast. Our goal is to raise awareness about corrosion and how it affects an entire industry, and to provide satisfactory corrosion protection through our quality methods from years of extensive research and development.
Aside from our unparalleled track record in delivering corrosion protection to our clients, we also make sure to maintain a long-lasting relationship with our partner industries to ensure that they will never experience corrosion-related incidents in the future.
Superior Quality Corrosion Management Methods Through Cor-Pro Systems, Inc.
If you have questions on how to prevent corrosion or want to get a custom quote for your corrosion prevention needs, 713-896-1091, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.